I am a specialist Bridal Hair and Make-up Artist , originally from New Zealand (still have the farmer accent, sorry!). I am now based in East London, where I keep my cat, a husband and more makeup than anyone could possible use in one lifetime.
Aged just 17, I looked after my very first bridal party. Terrifyingly it was for a reality TV series documenting unusual weddings. This particular set of nuptials was “Robin Hood” themed, complete with a groom in tights brandishing a sword….and a falcon as ring bearer.
Yep, I said falcon
20 years on, I have amassed a lifetime of experience looking after Brides on their special day – although, admittedly, have yet to experience another feathered creature as part of the bridal party.
I want you to look back on your wedding day in years to come and be filled with delight that your look is stylish and distinctively yours rather than a reflection of the time.
Style and elegance is utterly timeless. It is also uniquely personal. Modern bridal is all about creating a true reflection of you- to look and feel like you and to embrace your individual style without leaning too heavily on the latest big trends nor outdated traditions.
After all, you don’t want the kids to be sniggering at your pictures in 20 years time. And now is certainly not the time to be debuting a strange new face.
I am an unabashed lover of makeup and hair products that work. Most of the time, this tends to be in the form of either professional brands or high end, luxury products. Totally fine by me! Occasionally, you get the odd gem from the drugstore which cannot be beaten. Either way, the performance and longevity is what matters.
I am currently working on building a high performance luxury vegan/clean beauty kit for my my ingredient conscious clients. If this is where your heart lays, then just let me know at the time of booking and I will pack my kit accordingly for you.
I provide my Brides a full , totally bespoke bridal beauty experience. This means I can be there for you for all your bridal moments, not just on the big day. If you have an engagement shoot, hen night, mehndi party (we know the list is long!) where you want to look your very best, I am available to you and your bride tribe as well.
Perhaps you have been asking why a bride would want me at hand with them all day? This service is for the Bride who may want some assistance during photographs (I am an excellent veil floofer) , a change of look or perhaps even just for touch ups during the evening. However big or small your requirements, we can make it happen!
You may have noticed that I do not charge extra for brides. It stems from the revolutionary concept of not ripping women off just because they are getting married. I know- wild , right?? It is completely offensive to pretend that a person wearing a white dress suddenly requires a few extra zeros in order to get the job done. So- yes, your bridesmaids, your mum, everyone is charged the same rate because your face and hair didn’t suddenly get harder to do just because you are getting a new ring today.
If this all sounds like a bit of you, hop on over to the contact section by hitting the conveniently located “contact” button below.
I genuinely love weddings and cannot wait to hear all about your big day!
P.S If you would like to see some of my fashion and editorial work, you can find it here
LET’S KEEP THIS SHORT AND SWEET
- Over 20 years experience working with Brides
- Over 20 years experience as a master hair colourist and hairstylist in salon
- Graduate of the prestigious Glauca Rossi School of Makeup
- Qualified Kevin Murphy Session Stylist
- Published in magazines both online and in print including Vogue Italia, Wedding Ideas Magazine, , Elegant Magazine, Institute Magazine, Volup2, Feroce Magazine, Pause Magazine, Dreamingless Magazine, Huf magazine, Unfolded Magazine, Meade Magazine, Blanck Magazine, Vanichi, Notion Magazine, Disorder Magazine, F***ing Young, Disorder Magazine, Ellements Magazine, Fashion Sing, Coco Magazine, Off The Hook Magazine, Rion Magazine, C-Femme
- Featured on Bridal Blogs Rock My Wedding, Magpie Wedding, No Ordinary Wedding.
- Silver medal winner for AOP Awards Fashion and Beauty 2020
- Featured blowdrying a 90’s mullet on an episode of “Weddings” , curling hair on Chanel 4’s “Plus Sized Wars” and an episode of “Entertainment Tonight” hiding a microphone inside a blowdry
- Both hair and makeup for London Fashion Week